I was conceived in a tent on the shores of Warm Pond in the Adirondack Mountains. My dynamic and
devoted parents, New York City dwellers, wanted their new baby to be old enough to return to this rustic
camp the following summer, and when I was three months old, I was back in the woods. Two years later, a
dream-come- true farm in rural Vermont became our family home. Thus I was blessed by being a wanted
child who began life embedded deeply in nature.
After childhood in New York City and Vermont, I married at nineteen, mothered four fine children, and
divorced at thirty-five. Then came fifteen years of diving into the roiling material of emerging personhood,
deep relationship exploration, edgy lifestyle adventures and crossing thresholds into maturity. Graduate
Schools for Education and Ministry offered stabilizing focus on learning, and two degrees. When I was
fifty I met my second husband, another beautiful man, and we thrived together for twenty-five years until
I've been informed, shaped and conditioned by boundless influences, including:
Now, well into my seventies, I am devoted to fulfilling the last chapter of this good life and the Art that
manifested throughout. The sacred purpose of my Art is to nudge individual lives toward awakening,
engagement and happiness, and to influence evolution of the whole toward a magnificent future.
- ❃ learning discipline, freedom and faith in Nature, responsibility, and self-determination from life on the farm with horses, hayfields, woods and streams, exploring with little parental restraint or guidance
- ❃ embracing motherhood with all its profound lessons- from the arrival of my two sons and two daughters up to the present moment when they are in their 50s
- ❃ going through the painful and liberating process of divorcing my first husband
- ❃ living with and healing the decades of chaos I created by breaking up my family
- ❃ living and teaching at Maple Valley - a radical alternative boarding school
- ❃ cherishing the non-verbal companionship of many furred, feathered and finned creatures
- ❃ singing with On Wings of Song- a spirited touring and recording chorus
- ❃ teaching and counseling at NAJNAH- (not a jail, not a hospital- a staff secure school for severely emotionally disturbed and violent young adults)
- ❃ attending UMASS School of Education (with majority Black students and faculty)
- ❃ cracking open and recovering from early wounds and conditioning with Re-evaluation Counseling
- ❃ moving across the continent to Berkeley California to dive into radically progressive culture and attend a liberal seminary.
- ❃ writing and recording original music, and leading groups in singing soulful, inspiring songs
- ❃ graduating from Starr King School, and being ordained into Unitarian Univeralist Ministry
- ❃ offering loving attention to the human family in times of need and transition, such as when getting married, approaching death or death of a loved one, wandering in spiritual crisis, or celebrating new life.
- ❃ delving into the inspired seeing of mystics and visionary artists
- ❃ restoring my spirit through creativity and solitude in Nature
- ❃ communing intimately in deep relationships with lovers and friends
- ❃ embracing and being embraced by a wealth of children and grandchildren
- ❃ relishing Gender Reconciliation work with Satyana Institute, Native American Wisdom ways, Buddhist philosophy, attending many retreats and practicing Dzog Chen and Metta meditation
- ❃ co-creating with wise partners, especially associate Teresa Ruelas
- ❃ reading novels and scripture from all faith paths
- ❃ accessing inner and non-ordinary experiences to inform the emergence of my dynamic art.
With warm wishes for your health and happiness,